Analyst, KYC Due Diligence
Pilot Company is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The primary purpose of this role is to vet third party customers and counterparties and maintain proper documentation including processes. This role will also work to identify risks and develop solutions to mitigate risks at an appropriate risk appetite for the commercial business.
- Facilitate end-to-end Know Your Customer (KYC)/Due Diligence (DD) onboarding for PFJ Energy
- Coordinate with internal partners such as Commercial, Operations and Credit teams to ensure proper documentation, information, and priorities to complete KYC reporting and clear any flags from the report
- Review and interpret third party documentation to determine nature of business and ownership structure
- Perform sanctions/Politically Exposed Person (PEP) screening and adverse media searches
- Develop plans and perform KYC/DD reviews of existing third-party customers
- Review yellow/red flags and perform enhanced due diligence where necessary; escalate yellow/red flags as required to Head of Regulatory & Compliance in a timely manner
- Update and maintain KYC documentation including policies and procedures
- Assist with special projects including but not limited to regulatory inquiries, risk assessments, and presentations
- Model behaviors that support the company's common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level.
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures Complete other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent certificate) required
- 3-5 years of experience in energy, banking or financial services, preferably in a compliance or commercial role
- 1-3 years of experience with KYC compliance
- Trading compliance, risk assessment experience are a plus.
- Spanish and Portuguese are desired but not required.
- Understanding of regulatory expectations and industry standards in relation to Anti-Money Laundering (AML)/Sanctions regulations
- Understanding of commodity trading and operations a plus
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills required, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Highly efficient, solution oriented and self-motivated multi-tasker
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Schedule Weekly Pay