Analyst, Trading Risk
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
The purpose of this job is to provide analytical support to middle office functions to ensure trading and other Supply and Distribution (S&D) activities are compliant with company policies and with state and federal laws.
In this role you will:
- Review, analyze, interpret and provide daily exposure reporting; identify and resolve issues related thereto
- Review, analyze, interpret and provide daily mark to market P&L reporting and verification
- Conduct deal entry and deal related cost provision entry
- Articulate factors driving day-to-day P&L changes
- Enter daily adjustments for identified problems and associated key performance indicator tracking
- Identify and resolve adjusted items with relevant groups
- Review and analyze trade confirmations and verify all policies are followed
- Management of multi-function operation process for Energy Trade and Risk Management (ERTM) system
- Responsible for the determination and resolution escalation of issues for trade and inventory confirmation roles
- Provide ad hoc reporting as requested
- Bachelor’s degree in finance required
- Master’s degree in finance preferred
- Minimum two years’ energy trading experience required; three to five years’ energy trading experience preferred
- Internal auditing, compliance/process improvements, or regulatory reporting experience preferred
- Ability to understand and translate deals and pipeline cycles
- Working knowledge of RightAngle preferred
- Understanding of physical and financial energy commodity trades required
- Understanding of front, middle, and back office business and operational
risks impacting an energy marketing function required
- Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Weekly Pay
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.