Analytics Internships - Summer 2023
Pilot Company is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Company's Summer Intern Program is a full-time program hosted at our Support Center offices in Knoxville, TN and Houston, TX. Running 10 weeks every summer from late May until late July, our Intern Program is an interactive and challenging internship experience for students who are ready to learn and grow personally and professionally.
- Gain experience in your field of study while working on department-based projects
- Collaborate with other interns on projects targeting company initiatives
- Participate in professional development sessions, including resume and LinkedIn workshops, exploratory interviews with corporate recruiters, and a public speaking course
- Participate in philanthropic events alongside other team members
If you are majoring in Business Analytics, Engineering, Mathematics or a related degree, consider interning with Pilot Company during the summer of 2023! The following departments will be offering internship opportunities focusing on analytics:
- Financial Planning & Analysis
- Operations Support
- Financial Operations
- Business Intelligence (pursuing a masters degree strongly preferred for this position)
- Digital & Loyalty Marketing
- Logistics & Transportation
- People Analytics
Interns working on these teams will collect, analyze and interpret complex data and to identify improvements for business by creating, validating and implementing analytical solutions.
- High school diploma or equivalent certificate required
- Pursuing bachelor’s degree in mathematics, computer science, business analytics, engineering, or related field
- Pursuing an MBA, MSBA or equivalent combination of education and experience required for Business Intelligence internship
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Experience using query languages within relational database management systems (RDBMS) preferred
- Experience with report writing and data visualization software preferred
- Ability to prioritize multiple issues simultaneously
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency and focus
- Ability to work with large volumes of data and translate into actionable results and visualizations
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to take initiative and work productively with a moderate level of guidance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate complex technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to differentiate between "interesting" and "valuable"
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Our Summer Intern Program is hosted at our Support Center located in Knoxville, TN.