Application and Integration Support
Pilot Company is an industry-leading network of travel centers with more than 30,000 team members and over 750 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division serves as a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958 by Jim A. Haslam II and currently led by CEO Adam Wright, our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated to fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
The purpose of this opportunity is to lead the day-to-day functions of Level 2 information technology (IT) application and integration support and to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the incident and problem management process.
- Develop and maintain an effective, comprehensive service process that includes supporting policies, controls, metrics, procedures, and training for teams to address crisis management (e.g., service disruptions, outages)
- Identify duties required to handle all aspects of a crisis response during any service disruption or outage affecting business departments and end users, and delegate duties to the Level 2 team
- Manage service interruptions and failures by recording, communicating, prioritizing, analyzing, and resolving incidents and problems; escalate and route issues to appropriate teams as needed
- Provide essential advanced technical support across multiple platforms for business departments and end users; perform ticket analysis to review trends and proactively detect problems
- Direct the Level 2 team and create solutions and automation for ongoing improvements to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the incident and problem management process
- Communicate and collaborate with IT partners to coordinate release and resolution efforts across the Level 1 and Level 2 teams
- Establish, manage, and adhere to service level agreements (SLAs) with internal business partners and third parties
- Participate in oversight of third-party vendors’ work to ensure vendors fulfill contractual commitments and statements of work
- Provide and maintain support documentation for knowledgebase updates to be used by Level 1 and Level 2 teams
- Assist with monitoring events (e.g., warnings and exceptions) and identify routine activities and resolutions that can be automated to improve system efficiencies
- Coach and mentor support team members towards productivity and effectiveness
- Serve as a subject matter expert and maintain your own knowledge of current industry trends and developing technologies
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, preferably related to computer science and technology preferred.
- Preferred three years’ experience with supporting retail systems and second-level support in identifying and troubleshooting system issues.
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft .Net (Development Standards and Practices)
- SQL (Practical use)
- SLA Management
- Vendor Management
- Understanding of API integration layers is an asset
- Excellent problem-solving skills in order to diagnose, evaluate and resolve complex problem situations
- Excellent analytical skills to quickly identify complex cause-and-effect situations
- Ability to make decisions independently to determine the appropriate course of action for issues with applications, processes, data, and reports
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Provide excellent customer service
- Ability to work independently as well as a team environment
- Ability to collaborate and build consensus within a team, fostering a positive atmosphere
- Well organized with attention to detail
- Travel required less than 5%
- General office work requiring sitting or standing for long periods of time
- Work flexible hours in system-critical situations
- Provide on call support after hours and weekends
- The candidate will be required to work in an office environment/on-site