Applications Development Intern
Pilot Company is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The purpose of this job is to provide support to end users, maintain data integrity, run analyses, and research and support issue resolution within the company’s application systems.
- Application of systems analysis techniques and procedures including consulting with users to determine hardware, software, or system functional specifications
- Assist in design, develop, document, analyze, create, test, or modify computer systems or programs, including prototypes, in relationship to user or system design specifications
- Install, update, and maintain company applications
- Troubleshoot and eliminate causes of inaccurate data; resolve process issues
- Provide guidance on the installation, configuration, trouble shooting, and support of application software
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent certificate required
- Pursuing bachelor’s degree in Computer Science preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Intermediate understanding of technology systems and infrastructure
- Intermediate understanding of programming methodologies
- Intermediate SQL knowledge preferred
- Ability to quickly parse and analyze data using a variety of tools such as SQL and Excel
- Ability to resolve business issues in a timely manner
- Ability to prioritize multiple issues simultaneously
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency and focus
- Problem solving and situational analysis skills
- Strong customer support skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- The 2021 summer intern program will run from May 24-July 30
- The 2021 program will be virtual-based
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.