Pilot Company is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Architect supports the initiatives and activities of the Corporate Architect for all corporately designed facilities, including New Construction, Acquisitions and Remodels. The responsibilities of the Architect include design implementation of new concepts and initiatives under the direction of the Corporate Architect for the development and enhancement of Pilot Flying J's (the Company) facilities including Travel Centers and Truck Care facilities, as well as other Corporately owned facilities and brand partners where Pilot Flying J is Franchisee.
- Oversee project Design Associate production, consultant coordination and design implementation for new projects, remodels and acquisitions based upon design direction of the Corporate Architect according to the Company's policies and requirements.
- Directly responsible for maintaining, understanding and implementing brand partner expectations and requirements for all Brand Partners where Pilot Flying J is Franchisee. This includes coordination with the Corporate Architect for the design of Corporately owned facilities that include the brand partner's branded portion of the facility in both New Builds and Remodels.
- Assist in the implementation of new project initatives for Operations, Marketing, Food & Beverage, Restaurants and Branding as directed by the Corporate Design Manager / Director of Design
- Maintain drawings standards, details and processes in order to produce the required construction documents under the direction of the Corporate Architect according to and consistent with the organization's mission.
- Consulting Engineering coordination and implementation of equipment and systems supporting the intended design and use of all designed facilities - Serves as the Main Point of Contact for design related issues resolution (Refer to Design Associate responsibilities) for all Consulting Engineering Firms
- Provide support and assistance to the Corporate Architect in Codes Analysis and Plans Review responses in the effort of obtaining applicable permits from the Authority Having Jurisdiction.
- Perform Site Investigation and document details of acquisitions and remodels to determine feasibility of design implementation.
- Mentor and provide guidance and oversight to Design Associates related to project design, drawings and Construction Documents bearing the stamp of the Corporate Architect. This includes quality control review of all work prepared by the Design Team that becomes a Contract Document for Permit & Construction.
- Model behaviors that support the company's common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level of quality, responsiveness and results.
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of Pilot Flying J and any authority having jurisdiction over Construction projects.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture is required (5-Year, Bachelor of Architecture).
- Minimum 5-Years exerience acting as Project Architect / Architect of Record (AoR) in a retail, commercial architecture environment.
- Architectural License with National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB) is required.
- Advanced working knowledge of AutoCAD Architecture and Revit is required.
- Advanced Conceptual Design, Research, Development and Innovatoin skill set is required.
- Extensive knowledge of design principles and standards, including applicable Zoning, Building and Fire Codes, as well as Federal Laws to include ADA requirements (this includes all codes applicable to building design)
- Advanced Architectural Design and Detailing skills is required.
- Advanced and Working knowledge of Construction Documents, AIA Contracts, Specifications and procedures to required to complete these documents.
- Working knowledge of building systems, including Structural, Mechanical, Plumbing, Electrical, Communication and Fire Alarm and Monitoring systems. This knowledge is understood to be limited to working knowledge for the purpose of coordination of a complete building design.
- Working knowledge of space planning requirements, including equipment, adjacencies and space requirements.
- Working knowledge and ability to apply and implement design standards provided under the guidance or regulations of others including the Corporate Architect and other Brand Architects
- Intermediate Adobe Suite, SketchUp (or Equal), Architectural Rendering and Microsoft Office skills
- Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Schedule Weekly Pay