Associate Category Manager, Beverage
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
The purpose of this job is to support the Category team by tracking sales trends, reviewing margins, monitoring inventory turns, coordinating product distribution, and preparing category reviews.
- Provide detailed analysis of assigned category performance including areas of product assortment, pricing, promotions, and price changes
- Create and maintain reports to track performance and identify opportunities against established metrics
- Manage the flow of vendor funding from planning through the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable processes
- Assist in the oversight of the category profit and loss
- Assist in developing annual category business plan
- Utilize company data and reporting systems to identify and create action plans for store-level opportunities
- Oversee a project from the idea phase through in-store implementation, including the execution of total merchandising, distribution, creative, suggested order set-up, etc.
- Deliver clear and concise communication to field teams relative to the category
- Maintain strong competitive awareness, including product offers, pricing, and proximity of competitors
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required
- Bachelor’s degree in retail or business preferred
- Minimum two years’ retail or similar experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to analyze, think critically, and problem solve
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively within a group
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to think creatively and identify new solutions
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to communicate professionally with all corporate levels, vendors, and customers
- Ability to adapt to new technologies
- Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Onsite Gym and PFJFresh Cafeteria
- Weekly Pay
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guideline