Auditor II, Internal Audit
Pilot Company is an industry-leading network of travel centers with more than 30,000 team members and over 750 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division serves as a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958 by Jim A. Haslam II and currently led by CEO Adam Wright, our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated to fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
The purpose of this job is to provide professional internal audit services at company Travel Centers as well as perform internal audits approved by the Pilot Travel Centers (PTC) Audit and Risk Committee.
- Perform internal audits from the project list approved by the PTC Audit and Risk Committee with reports on same; determine audit pass or fail based on evaluation of operations procedures at store level
- Plan and lead audits supporting operational and financial activities including planning, scoping, testing and report preparation
- Perform surprise store audits at Travel Centers and restaurants
- Perform complex financial analyses of certain loss and expense areas
- Compile and distribute audit findings to appropriate parties within the company
- Propose appropriate corrective actions as a result of audit findings
- Assist the external auditors by performing controls testing that supports the Company’s assessment of internal controls per the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX)
- Perform detailed test of controls utilizing the COSO control framework
- Identify, evaluate, and provide recommendations to mitigate risks and improve efficiency
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Perform or assist with special projects as they arise
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, or related field required
- Minimum two years internal audit or related business experience preferred
- Ability to interact and communicate with all levels of management including senior executives
- Comprehensive understanding of generally accepted auditing standards (GAAS) and working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Skills
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) certification, or related certification preferred
- Experience working with large volumes of data from disparate data sources and ability to turn results into meaningful and actionable intelligence
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Teamwork, problem solving, conflict management, influencing, and negotiating skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.