At Pilot Flying J, our care and commitment to our team members comes from a deeply rooted history that started nearly 60 years ago. Since that opening we have celebrated many accomplishments and have stayed true to our mission of "Connecting people and places with comfort, care and a smile at every stop." Join our challenging, fast-paced work environment at our corporate headquarters based in Knoxville, Tennessee and you’ll work alongside industry-leaders and benefit from our record-setting growth.
In Addition, Pilot Flying J offers benefits to all Team Members. From health benefits (Medical, Vision, Dental, HRA and FSA), to financial (Competitive Salaries, 401k, Tuition & Adoption Reimbursement, Paternity Leave), as well as progressive technology, on-site fitness center/classes, access to leadership, and career advancement. At Pilot Flying J, we have abundant opportunities for all team members!
The benefits Specialist is responsible for assisting with the administration of the benefits and retirement programs.
1.Provide support to the Benefits supervisor with US and Canada annual open enrollments and special enrollment periods
2.Manage projects and high level processes relating to the administration and support of self-funded benefit programs
3.Take the lead of benefit related projects with minimal instruction or direction
4.Partners with benefit coordinators to resolve escalated issues/research complex participant questions for resolution
5.Serve as a resource for the Benefit coordinators for questions and information.
6.Develop practices and processes related to benefits administration that follow policies, laws and regulations, as well as streamlining to gain efficiency.
7.Strong knowledge of ACA, ERISA compliance, COBRA, HIPAA, section 125 plans, DOL and IRS regulations, as well as state and federal laws
8.Understanding of annual filings, legal notices, and plan documents for both benefit and retirement plans.
9.Participate in the development and enhancement of the benefits admin system and related benefit related resources/tools
10.Performs quality checks of benefits-related data and analyzing/audit for accuracy.
11.Responds to 401(k) inquiries from managers and employees relating to enrollments, plan changes, loan, and contributions.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or a related field, but experience and/or training may be substituted for the education.
- 3 -5 years’ experience in benefits administration is required
- Ability to work with confidential data and manage multiple projects concurrently
- Develop and maintain positive relationship with team members, benefits team, and carriers
- Experience working with large employee health, well-being, and retirement programs
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel
- Health & Life License preferred
- Experience in Canadian benefits preferred