Business Development Manager - DEF
Pilot Company is an industry-leading network of travel centers with more than 30,000 team members and over 750 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division serves as a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958 by Jim A. Haslam II and currently led by CEO Adam Wright, our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated to fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
The purpose of this job is to develop and grow the wholesale DEF business through new customer acquisition and existing customer development.
In this role you will:
- Increase DEF sales by prospecting new opportunities with existing customers and qualified prospects.
- Collaborate with the DEF supply team daily to execute the strategic plan provided by DEF and Wholesale Leadership.
- Negotiate spot deals to maximize product value and positive impact to wholesale gross margin.
- Manage customer information and sales activity in CRM, following all sales processes provided by DEF/Wholesale Leadership.
- Collaborate with assigned regional team and leadership to plan and execute shared strategy.
- Manage individual pricing for all rack and delivered DEF customers.
- Collaborate with internal departments to set up contracts and ensure that invoicing runs through the inventory and credit allocation system
- Review provided reporting to guide decisions and aggregate feedback for leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in sales or petroleum related position required
- Intermediate Salesforce/CRM skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Strong written, verbal and listening communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to negotiate and influence others
- Advanced analysis skills and ability to use data for strategic planning
- Ability to collaborate with internal departments and support teams
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Travel: less than 25%
* Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
* 401(k) Flexible Spending Accounts
* Adoption Assistance
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Weekly Pay