Cafeteria Team Member
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
Monday-Friday 8am-4pm-Off Weekends
The purpose of this job is to prepare and serve food and beverage items, as well as cater meetings and other business functions.
- Prepare, cook, and assemble various food and beverage items
- Anticipate production levels to provide fresh food and maintain sufficient product quantities; prepare the proper amount of food necessary for meetings or events as determined by Café General Manager
- Ensure products are available and fresh; uphold food safety standards
- Set up and break down work station or catering events; maintain an organized and clean work area
- Ensure quality service is delivered to every guest
- Provide guest assistance with self-checkout procedures
- Clean, sanitize, and organize café, kitchen, and all storage areas; contribute to the safety, maintenance, and cleaning of meeting rooms or conference areas
- Maintain a safe work environment for guests and team members
- Apprise supervisor of work activities and disruptions (i.e., product availability, equipment malfunctions, working conditions)
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent certification preferred
- ServSafe certification required post-hire
- Prior food service experience preferred
- Exhibit excellent guest service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Exhibit a calm and professional demeanor in all situations
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Lift up to 40 pounds
- Stand and walk for the duration of assigned shift
- Handle sharp objects and varying temperatures (e.g., ovens, freezers)
- Stoop, bend, twist, and reach
- Navigate busy or crowded workspaces while carrying hot or heavy food and beverage items
- Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Weekly Pay
- Onsite Gym
- Onsite Cafeteria
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines