Category Coordinator, General Merchandise
Pilot Company is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The purpose of this job is to provide day-to-day Category support by assisting with the execution of monthly promotional plans and ongoing product tracking for merchandising projects.
- Support the Category management team with rollouts, test initiatives, and signage development processes
- Track delivery of products and programs to stores and through supply chain
- Provide telephone and email support to troubleshoot store level questions and issues related to the category
- Enter pricing and product information into Price Book
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure execution of marketing and merchandising projects
- Work with vendors to execute marketing plans through distribution channels and into the stores
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required
- Associate or bachelor's degree with a concentration in retail, or business preferred
- Minimum one year retail store or merchandising experience preferred
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and with a diverse work team
- Ability to apply critical thinking and situational analysis skills to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize based upon immediate or long-term needs of the category
- Excellent written and verbal communication and listening skills
- Travel required less than 5%
- General office work required sitting or standing for long periods of time
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines