At Pilot Flying J, our care and commitment to our team members comes from a deeply rooted history that started nearly 60 years ago. Since that opening we have celebrated many accomplishments and have stayed true to our mission of "Connecting people and places with comfort, care and a smile at every stop." Join our challenging, fast-paced work environment at our corporate headquarters based in Knoxville, Tennessee and you’ll work alongside industry-leaders and benefit from our record-setting growth.
In Addition, Pilot Flying J offers benefits to all Team Members. From health benefits (Medical, Vision, Dental, HRA and FSA), to financial (Competitive Salaries, 401k, Tuition & Adoption Reimbursement, Paternity Leave), as well as progressive technology, on-site fitness center/classes, access to leadership, and career advancement. At Pilot Flying J, we have abundant opportunities for all team members!
The purpose of this job is to lead a category team and manage a category (or categories) of products with the goal of increasing sales and gross profit dollars.
1.Develop annual category plan and three-year strategic vision for each category; write and present annual budget plan to senior team and executive team members
2.Drive category review planning and presentation to all senior marketing team members
3.Maintain in-depth knowledge of all contracts and obligations to ensure that both Pilot Flying J (PFJ) and vendor adhere to the agreed-upon term and spirit of the contract or agreement
4.Nurture a "service" attitude with assigned team to ensure operations and field teams are supported at the highest level
5.Participate in industry events that add value to business planning process
6.Visit stores to engage customers and team members in category directional feedback on products and promotions
7.Review category monthly and yearly performance financials and monthly review of profit and loss (P&L) performance
8.Lead vendor process including review of new products, business planning, cost negotiations, RFP execution, and supply chain management
9.Study industry and category trends to support planning and development process
10.Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
11.Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
12.Complete other duties as assigned
* Bachelor’s degree in business or related field required
* Minimum five years’ category management required
* Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
* Ability to think strategically and analytically in day-to-day decisions and long-range planning
* Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and mentor others on the team to do the same
* Ability to work independently or collaboratively on tasks
* Strong and effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills
* Ability to model agility and work effectively in a fast-paced, frequently changing business environment
* Ability to adapt to new technologies