Commercial HVAC/R Technician
Pilot Company is an industry-leading network of travel centers with more than 30,000 team members and over 750 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division serves as a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958 by Jim A. Haslam II and currently led by CEO Shameek Konar, our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated to fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Bring your technical talent to our Pilot Team! NOT too good to be true, you will receive a substantial quarterly bonus, be off on weekends and NO on-call! You are dispatched from home and work 45-50+ hours a week (even during winter). Company service vehicle, all tools, equipment, cellular phone/iPad and laptop provided. Come play an important part of keeping roughly 15 of our store locations running smoothly near Buffalo, TX.
The purpose of this job is to perform installations, maintenance, and repairs of facility HVAC/R, food service equipment, plumbing, and electrical systems within various food and retail locations.
- Respond to service requests; troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair based on warranty and industry standards
- Communicate with service tech supervisor and store management to report repair status
- Complete same day work order repair notes and forward to supervisor; ensure charge allocations are entered accordingly
- Monitor truck stock to ensure required parts are available
- Maintain service vehicle, tools, and uniforms in accordance with Pilot Flying J (PFJ) standards
- Ensure facility interiors and exteriors are inspected for safety and maintenance issues
- Ensure repairs, equipment, and work activities are performed in accordance with OSHA regulations
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- High school diploma or equivalent certificate required
- Valid state driver’s license and positive driving history required
- Minimum three years’ recent maintenance experience of commercial HVAC systems required; certification required
- Minimum three years’ recent maintenance experience to include repairing commercial cooking or refrigeration equipment required
- Basic knowledge, understanding, and ability to repair commercial plumbing and electrical systems required
- Basic understanding of OSHA guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Basic knowledge of the functionality of a Building Management System (BMS) and Energy Management System (EMS)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Intermediate mathematical skills
- Ability to read and interpret site drawings
- Ability to collaborate with various departments
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in congested areas during business hours
- Strong customer service skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 98e0d7c1-572f-4017-ada1-17b8e7355c51