Pilot Company is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The purpose of this job is to, under broad supervision, implement communications strategy, and to support the communications team.
- Prepare and write content, for approval by manager, for the company blog, company activities and involvement, and/or internal communications.
- Assist with creation and delivery of corporate communications to multi-audience segments.
- Assist with reporting, tracking and planning all communication efforts.
- Provide continuous improvement of core communication channels and establish new channels (e.g., newsletters, events, intranet).
- Conduct research and analysis to prepare presentations, scripts, and speeches for management and executives.
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in corporate communications, public relations, journalism, English, or similar field required.
- Minimum one year experience within a communications role required.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Associated Press (AP) style writing knowledge
- Extremely detail oriented
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, and ability to expand relationships
- Strong editing skills
- Must be results drive, self-starter, and proactive
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Travel required less than 10%.