Construction Manager II
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
The purpose of this job is to monitor the progression of assigned construction projects to ensure safety and quality standards are met while adhering to critical schedule milestones and deadlines.
1. Monitor and enforce safety standards by conducting daily site inspections; for the duration of the project; generate safety reports
2. Confirm scope of work at the beginning of each project with the appropriate parties
3. Assemble contractor bid list; solicit and manage bid process
4. Monitor and manage quality of construction based on design specifications, restaurant brand standards, and code requirements
5. Manage contractors, vendors, and third-party service providers from inception to project completion
6. Arrange required inspections with local and federal agencies
7. Support Operations team during turnover process and, for a limited time after turnover, to resolve maintenance issues
8. Responsible for hiring and terminating subcontractors with proper justification; provide feedback to senior management regarding vendor performance
9. Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
10. Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
11. Complete other duties as assigned
· High school diploma or equivalent certification required
· Bachelor’s degree in construction management preferred
· Minimum five years’ construction management experience required
· Retail fuel construction experience preferred
· OSHA 40 certification required after hire
· Forklift certification required
· Project management and bid experience
· Experience working with various trades such as framing, steel, concrete, plumbing, HVAC, and electrical
· Knowledge in fuel related construction preferred
· Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects successfully
· Decision making skills and the ability to direct others to follow through
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Strong attention to detail
· Effective problem solving and situation analysis skills
· Strong organizational and follow-through skills
Travel required more than 75%
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
· General office work requiring sitting or standing for long periods of time
· Lift up to 50 pounds
· Climb ladders and access rooftops
· Stoop, bend, twist, and reach
· Hazards related to working at a construction site
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.