Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have 750+ retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
Are skilled in seeing needs and jumping in to handle them? Do you enjoy supporting teams so they can do their best work? Do you have experience purchasing materials, budgeting and inventory? This is the position for you!
In this role you will be responsible for:
1. Assist with procurement of materials and equipment to meet construction schedules
2. Assist project managers with bidding; prepare bid packets, obtain bids from a pre-determined list of contractors and sub-contractors, and ensure accuracy in quotes and bids for materials and services
3. Maintain and daily update logs for materials, equipment, submittals, etc.
4. Assist in tracking project material costs
5. Participate in the development of project budgets utilizing information from construction partners, strategic sourcing experts and vendor bid submissions
6. Participate in developing work plans that ensure completion of projects in accordance with scope, quality, budget and schedule requirements
7. Work with materials suppliers to monitor production and lead times; maintain accurate project inventory and delivery status reports
8. Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
9. Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- High school diploma or equivalent certificate required
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management or related discipline preferred
- Minimum three years’ experience in construction or related field preferred
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills required
- Experience working with vendors preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain efficient and courteous relationships with clients, vendors and internal client contractors
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to problem solve, analyze situations and provide recommendations/solutions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Skilled at internal networking and teamwork
- General office work requiring sitting or standing for long periods of time
- Able to lift 25 lbs.
Medical, dental, life insurance, 401K available
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.