Consumer Insights Specialist II
Pilot Company is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The purpose of this job is to support the company's consumer insights efforts by participating in the creation and execution of all aspects of primary and secondary research projects. In this role you will:
- Participate in all aspects of consumer insights, including development, execution, and analysis of consumer insights research addressing customer satisfaction, loyalty programs, purchase behavior, brand positioning, category consumption, etc.
- Mine data to identify opportunities to improve customer satisfaction and retention and/or expand customer base.
- Prepare written and oral presentations with the ability to convey actionable research findings to all audiences through strong data visualization and story telling techniques.
- Responsible for tracking, trending, and reporting research metrics associated with key business performance metrics.
- Manages outside vendors/agency partners to execute consumer research.
- Partner with cross functional business partners to understand questions they are trying to solve and determine how the consumer insights team can help meet the need.
- Participate in short and long term strategic planning for consumer research objectives.
- Consumer advocate ensuring voice of customer is represented in all business decisions.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 3+ years' experience with qualitative and quantitative research techniques, CPG, or retail industry experience preferred.
- C-store experience preferred.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills including Excel
- Passion for sharing the voice of the customer
- Ability to objectively interpret research, extract insights, link to strategies, and communicate in a motivating way
- Knowledge of survey research techniques and methods and experience with questionnaire design
- Ability to synthesize data from multiple sources and leverage both formal and informal research methods
- Strong relationship building and influencing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Data visualization and story-telling skills
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to take initiative, work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information ethically and responsibly