Consumer Insights Specialist
At Pilot Company, our care and commitment to our team members comes from a deeply rooted history that started nearly 60 years ago. Since that opening, we have celebrated many accomplishments and have stayed true to our mission of connecting people and places with comfort, care and a smile at every stop. We are the largest operator of travel centers in North America serving over a million guests every day and we’re now starting a new chapter in our rich history.
The purpose of this job is to support the company's consumer insights efforts by participating in the creation and execution of all aspects of primary and secondary research projects.
- Participate in all aspects of consumer insights, including development, execution, and analysis of consumer insights research addressing customer satisfaction, loyalty programs, purchase behavior, brand positioning, category consumption, etc.
- Mine data to identify opportunities to improve customer satisfaction and retention and/or expand customer base.
- Prepare written and oral presentations with the ability to convey actionable research findings to all audiences through strong data visualization and storytelling techniques.
- Responsible for tracking, trending, and reporting research metrics associated with key business performance metrics.
- Manages outside vendors/agency partners to execute consumer research.
- Partner with cross functional business partners to understand questions they are trying to solve and determine how the consumer insights team can help meet the need.
- Participate in short and long term strategic planning for consumer research objectives.
- Consumer advocate ensuring voice of customer is represented in all business decisions.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field required; and 3+ years' experience with qualitative and quantitative research techniques, CPG, or retail industry experience preferred.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills including Excel
- Passion for sharing the voice of the customer
- Ability to objectively interpret research, extract insights, link to strategies, and communicate in a motivating way
- Knowledge of survey research techniques and methods and experience with questionnaire design
- Ability to synthesize data from multiple sources and leverage both formal and informal research methods
- Strong relationship building and influencing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Data visualization and story-telling skills
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to take initiative, work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information ethically and responsibly
Every single day we are proud to make life better for our team members and our guests. We are fueling life's journeys and a career with Pilot is an opportunity to work hard, have fun and live up to your full potential. Do you want to become part of the Pilot family
Pilot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pilot does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business needs.