Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
This position will assist with the implementation of a new contract management system (Icertis) as well as assist with the management and tracking of contract requests. These responsibilities will include direct communication and contact with Pilot’s legal counsel and technology experts. This position will manage multiple responsibilities, be detailed oriented and assist with contract drafting and negotiations.
- Help with the implementation and development of new contract management system, including migration of existing contracts into the new database and tracking of key metadata
- Work with both internal and external analysts and legal team to refine requirements
- Develop contract forms and clauses to support organizational goals
- Attend training as the Icertis System Administrator and demonstrate proficiency
- Help with the implementation of AI in the contract database
- Attend meetings to assess progress on projects in motion, and take detailed notes to share with legal stakeholders
- Create regular status reports regarding progress on projects
- Responsible for creating and managing legal contracts in which Pilot participates, including making sure all parties to the contracts fulfill their obligations and responsibilities
- Track contract expirations and renewals
- Route contracts for signatures as directed by legal team
- Serve as Icertis System Administrator from both a technical and legal perspective
- Build and edit workflows within Icertis system to support legal and business processes
- Build and edit forms within Icertis
- Maintain clause and metadata library in Icertis
- Develop reports within Icertis system to support legal and business process
- Serve as primary point of contact between Pilot and Icertis post-implementation
- Track insurance certificates and renewals associated with contracts
- Enforce authority matrix and key sign off on contracts
- Participate in contract negotiations and drafting
- Help analyze potential risks or conflicts posed by a contract
- Coordinate with the business and legal teams
- Ensure that all records are accurate and up to date
- Create and distribute key metrics from the contract management system
- Attend legal meetings and take detailed notes
- Analyze contracts to ensure they comply with state and federal laws and regulations
- Perform other duties assigned by legal team
- Bachelor's Degree in related field is highly preferred but would consider requisite, related experience.
- 3+ years prior experience in a contract administration role or a related field
- Exemplifies knowledge of contract law
- Has strong negotiation and mediation skills
- Experience with Icertis Contract Management Platform
- Strong negotiation and mediation skills
- Possesses superior attention to detail in order to spot inconsistencies in contracts
- Previous experience in customer service and strong communication skills
- Able to work productively independently and as part of a team
- Excellent analytical thinking skills and problem-solving abilities
- Previous experience as a system administrator with responsibility for developing workflows and form design
- Previous experience as a project manager, or coordinating large projects is an asset
- Exhibit strong organizational and time management abilities
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Travel required is less than 1-10%.
General office work requiring sitting or standing for long periods of time
Able to work extended hours and weekends as needed.