Controller, Energy Marketing and Solutions
Pilot Company is an industry-leading network of travel centers with more than 30,000 team members and over 750 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division serves as a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958 by Jim A. Haslam II and currently led by CEO Adam Wright, our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated to fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
The purpose of this job is to manage the general accounting function; oversee operational accounting including the completion of ledger accounts, financial statements, budget and audit areas of the business.
In this role you will:
- Oversee developing and maintaining budgeting, financial planning, controls, accounting, and reporting policies and practices
- Analyze financial results and provide management with an understanding of the company’s financial performance and the financial impact of business plans and strategies
- Research accounting rules and regulations and make recommendations regarding company policy
- Oversee monthly inventory reconciliations, including monthly cycle counts and reporting requirements
- Oversee the settlements of all product purchases and product sales, including trade capture, invoicing, collections and cash application
- Oversee the settlements of all operational expenses, including maintaining proper approval limits
- Oversee accounting transactions and ensure the integrity of accounting records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with accepted accounting policies and principles
- Develop and manage credit relations with financial institutions including rating agencies, banks and counterparties
- Manage financial reporting ensuring dissemination of periodic financial statements to external and internal business partners including banks, Board of Managers, and audit
- Lead treasury operations involving cash funds, capital allocation, debt and capital management, borrowing, and debt repayment
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required
- Master’s degree in business administration (MBA) preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required
- Minimum five years’ experience in public accounting or ten years’ industry experience required
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounted principles (GAAP)
- Knowledge of principles of taxation
- Experience with financial analysis
- Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Weekly Pay
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: c984f328-459e-4e86-9d34-cc389df51887