At Pilot Company, our care and commitment to our team members comes from a deeply rooted history that started nearly 60 years ago. Since that opening we have celebrated many accomplishments and have stayed true to our mission of "Connecting people and places with comfort, care and a smile at every stop." Join our challenging, fast-paced work environment at our corporate headquarters based in Knoxville, Tennessee and you’ll work alongside industry-leaders and benefit from our record-setting growth.
In Addition, Pilot Company offers benefits to all Team Members. From health benefits (Medical, Vision, Dental, HRA and FSA), to financial (Competitive Salaries, 401k, Tuition & Adoption Reimbursement, Paternity Leave), as well as progressive technology, on-site fitness center/classes, access to leadership, and career advancement. At Pilot Company, we have abundant opportunities for all team members!
The purpose of this job is to provide day-to-day Category support by assisting with the execution of monthly promotional plans and ongoing product tracking for merchandising projects.
1.Support the Category management team with rollouts, test initiatives, and signage development processes
2.Track delivery of products and programs to stores and through supply chain
3.Provide telephone and email support to troubleshoot store level questions and issues related to the category
4.Enter pricing and product information into Price Book
5.Collaborate with other departments to ensure execution of marketing and merchandising projects
6.Work with vendors to execute marketing plans through distribution channels and into the stores
7.Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
8.Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
9.Complete other duties as assigned
- Associate or bachelor's degree with a concentration in retail, or business required
- Minimum one year retail store or merchandising experience preferred
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and with a diverse work team
- Ability to apply critical thinking and situational analysis skills to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize based upon immediate or long-term needs of the category
- Excellent written and verbal communication and listening skills