Coordinator, Driver Qualification Compliance
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have 750+ retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
Help Pilot ensure that all new Drivers meet hiring standards for Pilot Flying J (PFJ) and Flying J Canada Transport (FJCT), and all current Drivers are compliant with federal (US or Canada) regulations and policies.
In this role you will:
- Process Driver or CDL Mechanic applications to ensure candidates meet minimum hiring standards; schedule drug tests and physicals on approved candidates as identified by Regional Transportation Managers
- Create driver qualification files on all new drivers to ensure compliance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR) or Transport Canada regulations
- Enter new hire data for Drivers into appropriate company management systems
- Contact and schedule Drivers for random drug and alcohol testing to comply with FMCSR and FJCT policies
- Track Drivers on leave of absence status to ensure compliance with FMCSR prior to return to work
- Serve as a point of contact for Drivers and provide assistance with questions; escalate to appropriate department as needed
- High school diploma or equivalent certificate required
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field preferred
- Minimum two years’ prior experience in the trucking industry preferred
- Intermediate level Microsoft Office skills
- Familiarity with FMCSR preferred
* Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
* 401(k) Flexible Spending Accounts
* Adoption Assistance
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Weekly Pay