Coordinator, Driver Qualification Compliance
Pilot Company is an industry-leading network of travel centers with more than 30,000 team members and over 750 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division serves as a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958 by Jim A. Haslam II and currently led by CEO Adam Wright, our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated to fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
The purpose of this job is to ensure that all new Drivers meet hiring standards for Pilot Flying J (PFJ) and Flying J Canada Transport (FJCT), and all current Drivers are compliant with federal (US or Canada) regulations and policies.
In this role you will:
- Process Driver or CDL Mechanic applications to ensure candidates meet minimum hiring standards; schedule drug tests and physicals on approved candidates as identified by Regional Transportation Managers
- Create driver qualification files on all new drivers to ensure compliance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR) or Transport Canada regulations
- Enter new hire data for Drivers into appropriate company management systems
- Contact and schedule Drivers for random drug and alcohol testing to comply with FMCSR and FJCT policies
- Track Drivers on leave of absence status to ensure compliance with FMCSR prior to return to work
- Serve as a point of contact for Drivers and provide assistance with questions; escalate to appropriate department as needed
- High school diploma or equivalent certificate required
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field preferred
- Minimum two years’ prior experience in the trucking industry preferred
- Intermediate level Microsoft Office skills
- Familiarity with FMCSR preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and with a diverse work team
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to apply critical thinking and situational analysis skills to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication and listening skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
* Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
* 401(k) Flexible Spending Accounts
* Adoption Assistance
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Weekly Pay