Coordinator, Fleet Maintenance PM - Remote
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
The purpose of this job is to coordinate maintenance and repair services, on a regional basis, for company trucks and trailers in conjunction with Drivers, vendors, servicing dealerships, and team members to ensure timely and cost effective resolutions.
*95% of this role will be REMOTE work
*This is a PM shift from 7 pm - 7 am*
In this role you will:
- Initiate repair of scheduled and unscheduled maintenance and emergency breakdowns in response to Lead Drivers and Logistics team requests
- Determine the level of equipment repair needed and address Driver safety concerns; select vendor or servicing dealership to arrange repair solution(s)
- Negotiate repair costs and approve repair expenses up to an authorized limit; secure rental vehicles when required
- Align repair costs with potential warranty coverages; communicate additional warranty needs to Fleet Maintenance Warranty Coordinator
- Follow up on completed maintenance and repairs to ensure all service issues are resolved, vendor invoices are received, and repair/inspection documentation is obtained and filed
- Adhere to established team metrics for cost per mile, and compliance safety and accountability scores
- Respond to Driver requests for purchases on company fuel cards; override point of service card denials and approve requests when appropriate
- High school diploma or equivalent certificate required
- Experience in transportation logistics, or technical knowledge/training in heavy duty mechanics required
- Experience with warranty claim filing and working with original equipment manufacturers preferred
- Prior experience as a company PM Fleet Maintenance Coordinator preferred
- Basic Microsoft Office skills required; intermediate to advanced
- Working knowledge of petroleum transportation and equipment
- Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Weekly Pay