Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
In this role you will:
- Generate invoice documents from server-based report generating software and send to customer via email
- Adjust invoicing formats as needed to conform to specific customer portals and requirements
- Run exception reports from the ticketing system (e.g., TMW) to validate accuracy of ticketing data, revenue and expense data, and work with internal teams (e.g., ticketing, dispatch) to resolve errors
- Evaluate customers’ invoices or payment files and determine any rates, mileages or volume discrepancies that should be challenged
- Investigate customer-perceived billing issues and negotiate with customers on data elements and documentation that support billing
- Utilize receipt of Pilot’s weekly accounts receivable file and follow up with non-paying customers, alerting management to any account aging concerns
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- High school diploma or equivalent certificate required
- Associate degree in business or accounting preferred
- Two years’ experience in a financial or accounting role for a medium to large company preferred
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills including Excel required
- Experience running reports from an enterprise computing system (e.g., SAP, Cognos, Hyperion)
- Basic understanding of trucking industry terminology and operations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, execute tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to take initiative and work independently, and with a team
- Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Weekly Pay
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines