Pilot Company is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Do you really enjoy numbers, reconciliations, and general ledger work? Are you looking for a company with growth and development opportunities? Are you interested in learning and creating new and more efficient processes? If you answered yes to these questions, then you might be a great fit for this role! Our Finance team would like to add a Corporate Accountant to their team to reconcile and adjust various general ledger accounts and bank statements, and perform moderately complex analysis of performance results. Take a look at what you would do on a daily basis and if you like what you see, please apply to this incredible opportunity to join our team !
What you will do on this team:
- Perform general accounting activities including the preparation, maintenance, and reconciliation of ledger accounts and financial statements such as balance sheets, profit-and-loss statements, and capital expenditure schedules
- Prepare, record, analyze, and report accounting transactions and ensure the integrity of accounting records for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with accepted accounting policies and principles
- Provide financial support, including forecasting, budgeting, and analyzing variations from budget
- Analyze and prepare statutory accounts, financial statements, and reports
- Conduct or assist in the documentation of accounting projects
- Compile, consolidate, and analyze accounting and finance information to produce financial statements and reports
- Perform special projects
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
- 3 years of experience in accounting
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Familiarity with Lawson or general ledger (GL) accounting software preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) preferred
- Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Onsite Gym and Cafeteria
- Weekly Pay
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guideline