Corporate Construction Coordinator
Pilot Company is an industry-leading network of travel centers with more than 30,000 team members and over 750 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division serves as a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958 by Jim A. Haslam II and currently led by CEO Adam Wright, our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated to fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
The purpose of this job is to perform routine accounting activities such as processing invoices against Purchase Orders, as well as prepare various accounting statements, and accounts payable functions for less complex accounts.
What you will do:
- Prepare, record, verify, analyze, and report accounts payable transactions
- Pay vendor invoices; receive and post customer payments on a timely basis
- Maintain and reconcile accounts payable ledger accounts, financial statements, and reports
- Ensure that transaction entry verification procedures are followed
- Prepare and deliver customer billing or vendor payments; respond to resulting queries
- Maintain primary financial data for use in accounting records
- Classify, compute, and record financial information
- Check the accuracy of figures and calculations related to business transactions
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required
- Associate degree in accounting or finance preferred
- Minimum five years’ experience in accounting or related area required
- Accounts payable experience preferred
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong teamwork and problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, work extended hours when necessary, and perform work with a high sense of urgency
- General office work requiring sitting or standing for long periods of time
Affordable benefits including medical, dental, vision, lie, 401K and many others.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.