Corporate Project Architect
Pilot Company is an industry-leading network of travel centers with more than 30,000 team members and over 750 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division serves as a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958 by Jim A. Haslam II and currently led by CEO Shameek Konar, our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated to fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The purpose of this job is to design facilities and implement new concepts and initiatives for the development and enhancement of company travel centers.
1. Develop project designs for new projects, remodels, and acquisitions
2. Implement new project initiatives for Operations, Marketing, Restaurants, and Branding
3. Develop and maintain drawings standards, details, and processes in order to produce the required construction documents consistent with the organization’s mission
4. Liaise between multiple departments to support various projects and initiatives
5. Perform site investigation and document details of acquisitions and remodels to determine feasibility of design implementation
6. Present current and proposed building designs to senior management team
7. Mentor and provide guidance to CAD Designers; oversee tasks and provide feedback on work product
8. Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
9. Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited architecture program required (Master’s degree preferred)
- Minimum five years’ architect experience in a retail environment required
- Architectural license with (National College of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB) preferred but must be eligible
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Knowledge of AutoCAD
- Extensive knowledge of design principles and standards
- Advanced architecture detailing skills
- Working knowledge of CDs and procedures
- Working knowledge of building systems, codes and ADA requirements
- Working knowledge of space requirements
- Advanced Adobe Creative Suite skills
- Ability to blend creativity and practicality
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects successfully
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a complex, fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective problem solving and situation analysis skills
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills
- Analytical thinking skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Travel required less than 10%
- General office work requiring sitting or standing for long periods of time
- Conduct work in an active construction site
All full-time employees are eligible for a full range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, 401K and PTO.
Other benefits include on-site cafeteria and gym, resource groups, wellness and other supplemental programs that promote overall well-being.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: be3f8c48-6237-4e6c-8a70-699a125b776e