Data Analyst II
Pilot Company is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The purpose of this job is to perform moderate statistical and data analyses to assist the Connect team in maximizing growth profit for Pilot Flying J.
1. Analyze all available Pilot or Pilot owned fuel data to identify areas of growth profit potential
2. Support senior leadership by evaluating Pilot performance vs expectation
3. Share results of analysis with Connect team to disseminate a broader understanding of company performance and market situations
4. Assist problem solving and rollout of solutions with broader team to capitalize on growth profit opportunities
5. Forecast future performance of overall fuel business and team initiatives based on available data
6. Collaborate with various business partners including Sales, Pricing, Supply, and Digital through reports and dashboards
7. Assist with building tools and dashboards to be used for regular analysis by the broader Connect team
- Bachelor's degree required (Master's preferred)
- Preferably in mathematics, economics, computer science, science or engineering
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in data analytics
· Advanced Microsoft Office skills required
· Proficient in R or Python
· Experience in Tableau necessary
· Moderate written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to prioritize, execute tasks and meet deadlines
· Attention to detail and follow-up skills
· Problem solving and critical thinking skills
· Ability to take initiative, work independently and as part of a team
· Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information ethically and responsibly
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.