Data Analytics Summer Intern
Pilot Company is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The purpose of this job is to collect, analyze and interpret complex data and to identify improvements for business by creating, validating and implementing analytical solutions.
- Identify business trends and problems through complex data analysis
- Apply and integrate statistical, mathematical, and predictive modeling to manipulate complex data from a variety of sources to impact business partner decision making
- Use and analyze existing data science solutions to perform tasks in a reproducible, repeatable manner
- Facilitate the implementation of efficiencies within a business area's processes
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent certificate required
- Pursuing bachelor’s degree in mathematics, computer science, business analytics, engineering, or related field
- Pursuing an MBA, MSBA or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Minimum one year’s experience using query languages within relational database management systems (RDBMS) preferred
- Minimum one year’s experience with report writing and data visualization software preferred
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies preferred
- Proficient in SQL preferred
- Proficient in Python preferred
- Ability to work with large volumes of data and translate into actionable results and visualizations
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to take initiative and work productively with a moderate level of guidance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate complex technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to differentiate between "interesting" and "valuable"
Travel required less than 5%
General office work requires sitting or standing for long periods of time
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines