At Pilot Company, our care and commitment to our team members comes from a deeply rooted history that started nearly 60 years ago. Since that opening we have celebrated many accomplishments and have stayed true to our mission of connecting people and places with comfort, care and a smile at every stop. Join our challenging, fast-paced work environment and work alongside industry-leaders and benefit from our record-setting growth.
As a Data Engineer, you will work closely with a multidisciplinary Agile team to build high quality data pipelines driving analytic solutions. These solutions will generate insights from our connected data, enabling Pilot to advance the data-driven decision-making capabilities of our enterprise. This role requires deep understanding of data architecture, data engineering, data analysis, reporting, and a basic understanding of data science techniques and workflows. The ideal candidate is a skilled data / software engineer with experience creating data products supporting analytic solutions. They are an Agile learner, possess strong problem-solving skills, work as part of a technical, cross functional analytics team, and want to solve complex data problems and deliver the insights to enable analytics strategy.
- Collaborate with Data Scientists to test and scale new algorithms through pilots and later industrialize the solutions at scale to the comprehensive fashion network of the Group
- Influence, build and maintain the large-scale analytics infrastructure required for the AI projects, and integrate with external IT infrastructure/service to provide an e2e solution
- Leverage an understanding of software architecture and software design patterns to write scalable, maintainable, well-designed and future-proof code
- Design, develop and maintain the framework for analytical pipeline
- Develop common components to address pain points in machine learning project, like model life-cycle management, feature store and data quality evaluation
- Provide input and help implement framework and tools to improve data quality
- Work in cross-functional agile teams of highly skilled software/machine learning engineers, data scientists, designers, product managers and others to build the AI ecosystem within the Group
- Deliver on time, demonstrating strong commitment to deliver on the team mission and agreed backlog
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Statistics, Applied Math or related topics
- 5 years of experience working in a Machine Learning, Data Scientist or Software Engineer role
- Ability to transform proof of concept machine learning models into scalable solutions
- Ability to apply software development life-cycle (SDLC) best practice into machine learning project, including unit test, DevOps integration, release management, test driven development, etc.
- Ability to automate development process of machine learning project by leverage state of art tools and technology like container, continuous integration and delivery, orchestration tools etc.
- Strong background in mathematics, statistics and programming
- Experience in SQL, relational databases, database concepts, dimensional modeling and database design
- Proficient in one or more programming languages used for modeling such as Java, C++, Python, R, Scala .
- Familiar with one or more machine learning or statistical modeling tools
- Experience with cloud platforms (Azure, AWS, GCP, )
- Source control experience required. GITHUB, Subversion, or equivalent preferred
- Experience developing and maintaining API’s using both MuleSoft and native EBX API’s