Data Scientist II
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
The purpose of this job is to collect, analyze and interpret complex data using the scientific method and to identify improvements for business by creating, validating, and implementing analytical solutions.
- Identify business trends and problems through complex data analysis
- Apply and integrate statistical, mathematical, and predictive modeling to manipulate complex data from a variety of sources to impact business partner decision making
- Develop, analyze, and model operational, economic, management, accounting, and other organizational data to quantify performance of business segments and evaluate potential operational changes
- Use and analyze existing data science solutions to perform tasks in a reproducible, repeatable manner
- Collaborate with data team and other members of Business Intelligence to deliver complete analytics solutions to business partners
- Own the development and maintenance of data science analyses deployed to other business segments
- Maintain own expertise in the current technical field by engaging in opportunities for professional development and mentoring
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Master's degree or equivalent experience in a field requiring mathematics or computer science required
- Two years of statistics from an accredited mathematics, engineering, or science department or equivalent experience required
- Minimum four years’ experience in data mining and modeling, including statistical model development required
- Minimum two years’ experience in a business intelligence, analytics or data science role required
- Minimum one year’s experience in deploying productional Zed data modeling and analytics software required
- Experience in marketing and digital analytics, particularly advanced customer segmentation, campaign and channel analytics and consumer insights is highly desirable
- Experience working in a cross functional, agile, faced-paced and experimentation-driven environment
- Mastery of SQL a plus
- Mastery of Linux/Unix required
- Mastery in Python required
- Mastery in statistics, mathematical modeling, and analysis required
- Expertise in version control and coding best practices required
- Expertise in exploratory data analysis via code required
- Expertise in a NoSQL technology required
- Experience with machine learning a plus
- Experience with cloud computing infrastructures (e.g., AWS, Azure, GPC) required
- Ability to work with large volumes of data and translate into actionable results and visualizations
- Ability to create an analytical solution from a design
- Ability to set priorities, work independently and remain engaged with problems and tasks until resolution
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to take initiative and work productively with a moderate level of guidance
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.