Data Scientist III, Connect
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
As a Data Scientist you will solve complex business problems and deliver commercial value by performing exploratory data analysis, building models, and designing and analyzing experiments.
1. Perform exploratory data analysis to identify areas of opportunity and to inform model design.
2. Perform analyses in areas such as loyalty/consumer analytics, time series forecasting, price elasticity and optimization, clustering, and causal inference.
3. Build models using techniques such as regression, logistic regression, and additional machine learning models.
4. Collaborate with business stakeholders and strategists to identify areas of opportunity for data science solutions that will deliver commercial value.
5. Collaborate with data engineering to define feature requirements and data quality tests.
6. Collaborate with machine learning engineers to scale and maintain data science solutions.
7. Ability to measure the impact of data science solutions.
8. Use and analyze existing data science solutions to perform tasks in a reproducible, repeatable manner
9. Maintain own expertise in current technical field by engaging in opportunities for professional development and mentoring
10. Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
11. Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience in fields such as statistics, econometrics, business analytics, data science, etc.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant industry experience (exploratory data analysis, model building, causal inference, etc.)
- Experience deploying and maintaining productionized data science models
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.