WHO WE ARE
At Pilot Company, our care and commitment to our team members comes from a deeply rooted history that started nearly 60 years ago. Since that opening we have celebrated many accomplishments and have stayed true to our mission of connecting people and places with comfort, care and a smile at every stop. We are the largest operator of travel centers in North America serving over a million guests every day and we’re now starting a new chapter in our rich history.
We’re launching a brand-new Analytics Center of Excellence whose mission is to maximize the use of our rich data sets using the latest technologies and ways of working, growing our colleagues and communities along the way. We have gathered vast data sets that are fueled by a robust data infrastructure to support it. Now, we are in a position to use the richest data pool in our history to solve complex and interesting problems, so our team is growing and seeking bright professionals eager to be a part of the journey.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have a Bachelor’s in Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics and 5+ years experience required OR Graduate degree in a quantitative discipline and demonstrated Data Science skills, plus 2+ years work experience
- You have deep expertise in Python or R and SQL and curious to learn more about Scala
- You have experience with Big Data technologies and machine learning platforms like PySpark
- Popular optimization frameworks and libraries (Python, Gurobi) have no secrets for you
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Data Scientist you will be an instrumental member of our Analytics Center of Excellence. You will apply exceptional expertise in artificial intelligence through the use of machine learning, data mining, and information retrieval to design, prototype and build next generation advanced analytics engines and services. Furthermore, you will:
- Deliver systematic approaches, integrating work into applications and tools with our cross-functional teams of data engineers, business pioneers, analysts and developers
- Create repeatable, interpretable, dynamic and scalable models that are seamlessly incorporated into statistical data products
- Engineer features by using your business acumen that will improve analytical models and are easy to interpret
- Effectively communicate the analytics approach and how it will meet and address goals to our business partners
- Advocate and educate on the value of data directed outcomes making focusing on the "how and why" of solving problems
Every single day we are proud to make life better for our team members and our guests. We are fueling life's journeys and a career with Pilot is an opportunity to work hard, have fun and live up to your full potential. Do you want to become part of the Pilot family?
Pilot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pilot does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.