Data Strategist II
Pilot Company is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The purpose of the job is to identify opportunities and design useful, repeatable analyses that can be used by Pilot Flying J.
- Merge business knowledge with various complex data sources to produce reports, dashboards, and analyses
- Assist internal business partners with using data to create benchmarks, make informed decisions and improve processes
- Facilitate the implementation of efficiencies within a business area's processes
- Collaborate with the Business Intelligence (BI) team and business partners to ensure project deliverables and timelines are achieved
- Perform exploratory data analysis, design solutions, document findings and communicate information and results to business partners in a concise and repeatable manner
- Assist Data Strategist team by providing solutions to legacy reporting issues
- Provide peer review for the Data Strategist team
- Monitor data product (dashboards, reports) usage to ensure that BI outputs are being adopted and utilized
- Responsible for deployment of content to production environment
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry’s analytical and reporting tools
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
· Minimum three years’ experience with report writing and data visualization software required
- Minimum three years’ experience in a customer-facing role required
- Experience with OLAP Data Modeling and ETL Processes preferred
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies required; Scrum Master or Product Owner certification preferred
- Expertise in SQL required
- Knowledge of Python and/or the "R" language required
- Proficiency in data visualization best practices required
- Experience with version control and coding best practices required
- Experience deploying code into development, test, QA/AC and production environments required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work as a member of a team to achieve stated goals
- Ability to communicate complex technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service and maintain excellent customer relationships
- Ability to be mentored in professional and technical development
- Ability to differentiate between "interesting" and "valuable"
- Expertise in SQL required" change to "Expertise in SQL and Tableau required
- Travel required is less than 5%
- General office work requiring sitting or standing for long periods of time
- Able to work extended hours, weekends and odd hours as needed
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.