Data Strategist, Loyalty
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
The purpose of this job is to identify customer trends through research and complex data analysis and make recommendations for obtaining a greater market share and earning guest choice based upon data results.
1) Analyze data and business insights to identify opportunity areas to increase positive behavior change, retention among guests, and overall loyalty
2) Design, implement, and report on multiple concurrent experiments that aim to positively change guest behavior and build market share
3) Communicate complex data in comprehensible ways through data visualization.
4) Collaborate with internal customers, including Sales, Marketing, Merchandising, Data, Technology, BI, and Pricing to help inform their decisions with high quality data driven insights
5) Work closely with business intelligence stakeholders, guest data teams, and the loyalty team to gain access to, collect, and organize guest and loyalty data
6) Utilize analysis of business metrics and key performance indicators to propose solutions for the challenges and meet stakeholder and customer needs
7) Actively research, market conditions and changes in the industry that may impact sales or lead to new opportunities
8) Monitor and research new advances or capabilities in the data warehousing, machine learning, data analytics, and statistical methodology fields, particularly as these new capabilities might be applicable to our business
9) Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
10) Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
11) Complete other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in analytics, statistics, computer science, or a related field required
- Minimum four years of data analytics experience focused on data mining and modeling required.
- Advanced degree in computer science, analytics, or economics preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft SQL or equivalent database experience required.
- Proficiency in at least one statistical language, R preferred.
- Proficiency with BI reporting tools, Tableau preferred.
- Proficiency with Google Analytics preferred.
- Experience in a retail industry with understanding of loyalty programs and/or e-commerce preferred.
- Travel required less than 10%.
- Physical Requirements & Working Conditions.
- General office work requiring sitting or standing for long periods of time.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.