Developer I, Enterprise Applications
Pilot Company is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To assist in the pursuit of making a better day for our team members and guests, you will develop and support web applications utilized by the team members, guests, customers and vendors; develop fixes, features, and enhancements for new and existing applications.
- Add features, fixes, and enhancements to new and existing applications, processes, and reports; identify technology to use and determine solution for development of new features and enhancements
- Troubleshoot and analyze issues with applications, processes, data, and reports; determine appropriate action to follow to resolve issues
- Test application code, features, functionality, and fixes; provide quality assurance (QA) for Developers as needed
- Collaborate with Developers, Business Analysts, and users to assist in supporting day-to-day business functions
- Create new documentation and update existing documentation for IT systems and process; determine the related format, process, and diagrams to be used in the creation of materials
* Associate degree or bachelor’s degree preferred, preferably in computer science or MIS
* Knowledge of HTML
* Skilled in PL/SQL or T/SQL and basic DBA skills preferred
* Demonstrated knowledge of React and/or C# preferred
* Knowledge of SQL and the ability to write and understand basic queries preferred
* Understanding and adherence to software development standards, guidelines, and protocols
* Ability to write and understand basic programming queries
* Ability to understand basic business and technical solutions
* Ability to multi-task and handle changing priorities
* Ability to self-motivate and meet tight deadlines
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Strong verbal and written communication skills