Pilot Company is an industry-leading network of travel centers with more than 30,000 team members and over 750 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division serves as a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958 by Jim A. Haslam II and currently led by CEO Shameek Konar, our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated to fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The purpose of this job is to provide leadership and direction to the Data Governance team, assist in setting data governance policies, and to provide leadership to the overall use of the metadata catalog.
- Oversee, lead and set priorities for the Data Governance team.
- Select, coach, train and develop direct reports, to include appraising job performance and conducting performance reviews
- Ensure the quality, availability, effectiveness, and support of Data Governance initiatives to support key business initiatives.
- Guide in the development, analysis, and implementation of metadata catalog domains
- Manage third party vendors in the delivery of services and ensure vendors’ adherence to PFJ standards
- Use knowledge of end-to-end data processes to analyze, cleanse, and enrich metadata catalog elements and ensure that data flows efficiently and consistently between users and stakeholders
- Facilitate adoption of the metadata catalog through education and relationship building with IT solution-owners
- Determine flow and assignment of tasks to meet milestones, and guide team through agile development process to ensure on-time delivery of high quality final product
- Lead project components and perform project management duties for development of applications; oversee work of external resources
- Collaborate with Developers, Business Analysts, and users to assist in supporting day-to-day business functions
- Create new documentation and update existing documentation for IT systems and process; determine the related format, process, and diagrams to use in the creation of materials
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering required
- Minimum five years’ experience managing overall technology platforms of data management and application components required
- Minimum five years management experience preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills required
- Expert knowledge of database structure and architecture
- Expert knowledge of Cloud, OnPrem, hybrid infrastructures/networks
- Expert business enterprise knowledge
- Comprehensive knowledge of hardware, software, application and system engineering
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to set and manage projects and priorities to meet goals and objectives
- Advanced strategic and critical thinking skills with a long-term perspective
- Ability to analyze and solve complex technical problems
- Ability to create and present financial modeling related to IT roadmaps
- Ability to employ sound judgement in determining how innovations will be deployed to produce return on investment (ROI)
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally across all organizational levels
- Nationwide Medical Planntal/Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Weekly Pay
- Team Member Fuel Discount
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: c78d3316-eb14-483d-bb48-0e895b86bbc2