Email Marketing Specialist
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have 750+ retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
The purpose of this job is the day-to-day execution of digital marketing programs in support of the company’s initiatives.
- Build email campaigns, database selection, HTML presentation, and quality assurance for all outbound campaigns
- Grow new leads, including marketing-qualified leads, by converting site traffic through calls-to-action, landing pages, and lead generation content including offers
- Optimize the company’s marketing automation and lead nurturing process through email, app push notifications and SMS campaigns
- Establish close-loop analytics with sales to understand how the company’s inbound marketing activity acquires customers, and continually refine the process to convert customers
- Perform day-to-day email marketing activities including content calendar creation, email set-up, scheduling, testing, tagging and deployment of one-time, recurring, and dynamic content-driven campaigns
- Troubleshoot technical issues related to HTML templates, list segmentation and other aspects of email execution, as required
- Remain abreast of and recommend email marketing best practices
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing preferred
- Minimum two years’ experience using email tools (e.g., Pardot, Exact Target, Hubspot, Marketo, etc.) and hands-on experience in email campaign building and list selection required
- Minimum one year’s experience using HTML/CSS required
- Minimum one year’s experience using Salesforce Marketing Cloud preferred
- Proficiency in marketing automation in order to generate traffic, convert visitors into leads, and nurture them (using dynamic content) into converting to customers
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker
- Ability to use data to inform decisions
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction, while also functioning and contributing as part of a team
- Highly organized and able to multitask while maintaining attention to detail
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.