Employee Relations Specialist -- Remote Opportunity*
Pilot Company is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The purpose of this job is to perform routine activities related to employee relations and HR compliance matters.
*Candidate required to live in Central, Mountain, or Pacific time zone.
- Monitor and investigate team members and guest complaints; escalate when necessary
- Monitor background and MVR results and respond to concerns from the background check adjudication process; escalate when necessary
- Resolve team member common operational questions and concerns; escalate when necessary
- Collaborate with HRBPs and business leaders to resolve team member and guest issues
- Handle document requests as they relate to employee relations, DOL, EEOC and litigation threats
- Assign compliance training; track and report completion
- Coordinate DOL poster compliance; order posters as needed
- High school diploma or equivalent certificate required
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, human resources management, employee relations or related field preferred
- Minimum one year experience in human resources related field highly preferred
- General knowledge of all company policies
- General knowledge of federal and state laws concerning labor relations
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to remain objective, calm, tactful and persuasive in controversial and/or confrontational situations
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with different levels of the organization to negotiate, problem solve, complete projects and influence decision making
- Self-motivated with ability to work both independently and within teams in order to establish and meet deadlines, goals, and objectives
- Demonstrate integrity and ethical behavior including but not limited to confidentiality
To learn more about how Pilot Company is responding to COVID-19, please visit https://www.pilotflyingj.com/covid-response/.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.