Engineer II, Data and Platform Integrations Development
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
The purpose of this job is to design, build and implement various custom integrations used across the organization to share data and capabilities. The position will also work with various functional development teams to make connections and enable them to quickly deliver business value.
- Design and develop new application programing interfaces (APIs) as well as other integrations for existing and new software
- Serve as point of contact for other Developers for questions regarding data and integrations. provide support for existing integrations including troubleshooting and bug fixes
- Leverage technology to increase productivity and efficiency at the Sales and Support Center (SSC) and stores as well as provide a superior guest and customer experience
- Train support staff and other team members on the proper use and/or troubleshooting of software application interfaces
- Collaborate with business users to define and/or clarify requirements for new or modified features
- Provide direction and assist less experienced team members through mentoring, collaboration, and code reviews
- Troubleshoot and analyze issues with applications, processes, and data; determine appropriate action to resolve issues
- Determine flow and assignment of tasks to meet milestones, and guide team through agile development process to ensure on-time delivery of high quality final product
- Lead project components and perform project management duties for development of applications; oversee work of external resources
- Collaborate with Developers, Business Analysts, and users to assist in supporting day-to-day business functions
- Create new documentation and update existing documentation for IT systems and process; determine the related format, process, and diagrams to use in the creation of materials
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies and procedures
- Associate degree required; bachelor’s degree preferred, preferably in computer science or MIS
- Microsoft .Net development experience preferred
- Minimum five years’ experience in application development
- Demostrated knowledge of software development in a modern programming language required
- Basic knowledge of integration platforms and tools (e.g., MuleSoft, AWS API Gateway) required
- Demonstrated knowledge of C# and/or VB.Net preferred
- Basic knowledge of integration protocols (e.g., SOAP and REST) required
- Basic knowledge of proper architecture standards for multi-tiered APIs preferred
- Basic knowledge of on premise, cloud, and hybrid architectures preferred
- Basic understanding of database structure and architectures preferred
- Knowledge of SQL and the ability to write and understand complex queries preferred
- Expert level of knowledge of business processes and system integration
- Understanding and adherence to software development standards, guidelines, and protocols
- Able to understand moderately complex business and technical solutions
- Ability to interpret established procedures and exercise judgment to resolve complex issues
- Ability to determine the best technology solutions to resolve problems
- Ability to write and understand complex programming queries
- Ability to utilize project management methodologies to achieve development objectives
- Ability to communicate technical concepts and solutions to non-technical users
- Ability to multi-task and handle changing priorities
- Ability to self-motivate and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Travel required less than 5%
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.