Engineer II, Database
We have 3 roles on the team and looking to fill needs with new team members who have proven NoSQL experience, Cloud/AWS, or Database Security background.
We are looking for a qualified Database developer to design stable and reliable databases, according to our company’s needs. You will be responsible for developing, testing, improving and maintaining new and existing databases to help users retrieve data effectively. As part of our IT team, you will work closely with developers to ensure system consistency. You will collaborate with administrators and clients to provide technical support and identify new requirements. Communication and organization skills are keys for this position, along with a problem-solution attitude. Ultimately, you should be able to ensure our database systems run effectively and securely on a daily basis.
- Design stable, reliable and effective databases
- Optimize and maintain legacy systems
- Modify databases according to requests and perform tests
- Solve database usage issues and malfunctions
- Liaise with developers to improve applications and establish best practices
- Gather user requirements and identify new features
- Develop technical and training manuals
- Provide data management support to users
- Ensure all database programs meet company and performance requirements
- Research and suggest new database products, services and protocols
- Proven work experience as a Database developer
- In-depth understanding of data management (e.g. permissions, recovery, security and monitoring)
- Knowledge of software development and user interface web applications
- Hands on experience with SQL
- Excellent analytical and organization skills
- An ability to understand front-end users requirements and a problem-solving attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field
Job Type: Full-time
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of AWS/Cloud experience do you have?
- How many years of Database Development experience do you have?
- How many years of Database Security experience do you have?
- How many years of NoSQL experience do you have?
- Are you authorized to work in the following country: United States?
- When are you available for an interview or phone screen? Please list 2-3 dates and times or ranges of times.
- What is your expected salary range?