Engineer II, Development-.NET
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
Let your creative juices flow! As an Engineer II, you will provide support for the various applications, processes, data, and reports utilized by the company, guests, and vendors; develop fixes, features, and enhancements for new and existing applications.
- Create and develop new application software as well as develop features and functionality for existing software with limited guidance from management or senior team members
- Provide support for existing software applications, including moderate troubleshooting and bug fixes
- Add features, fixes, and enhancements to new and existing applications, processes, and reports; recommend technology to use; assist in determining solution for development of new features and enhancements
- Independently troubleshoot and analyze basic issues with applications, processes, data, and reports; help determine appropriate action to follow to resolve these issues
- Test application code, features, functionality, and fixes; assist quality assurance (QA) as needed
- Collaborate with Developers, Business Analysts, Project Managers, and users to support basic day-to-day business functions
- Collaborate with business users to clarify requirements for moderately complex new or existing features
- Assist in training support staff and other team members on the proper use and troubleshooting of software applications
- Create new documentation and update existing documentation for IT systems and process; follow the recommended format, process, and diagrams to be used in the creation of materials
- Assist junior team members through mentoring, collaboration, and code reviews
Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
Ensure all activities comply with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Minimum three years’ experience in application development
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required; Master's degree is a plus, preferably in computer science or MIS
- C#.Net development experience required
- Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Onsite Gym and Cafeteria
- Weekly Pay
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.