Engineer II, DevOps
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
The purpose of this job is to design and implement moderately complex automated DevOps pipelines to help IT teams build, operate and evolve applications quickly and reliably.
1. Design and implement automated pipelines (build, scan, test, provision, configure and deploy) to facilitate movement across environments for development and infrastructure projects
2. Develop and leverage reusable templates for continuous integration, continuous deployment and infrastructure as code
3. Promote and champion consistent and repeatable release processes, standards and governance for
4. Provide technical guidance and education for team members on moderately complex automation tools and release processes
5. Maintain documentation on automation pipelines; update existing documentation
6. Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
7. Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
* Minimum three years’ experience developing and implementing CI/CD pipelines required
* Minimum one year of experience in an Agile or continuous delivery environment
* Experience with infrastructure provisioning and CI tools (e.g., Jenkins, GitHub, Terraform, CloudFormation, Chef, Powershell, SonorQube)
* Experience with configuration of Windows and/or Linux operating systems
* Basic knowledge of product/project management software (e.g., Jira and Confluence) for cross-team projects, task management and documentation
* Basic knowledge and experience with Agile and Scrum methodology
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to prioritize work, execute tasks and meet deadlines
* Excellent attention to detail and follow-up skills
* Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
* Ability to take initiative, work independently and as part of a team
* Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information ethically and responsibly
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.