Engineer II, Network
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
The purpose of this job is to plan, design, test, and maintain store and
corporate network infrastructures and systems, and monitor network
performance, and provide Level 2 store and corporate network support.
1. Provide technical expertise in the management of public and private
networks; test and analyze network facilities, including network control
software, routers, switches, lines, modems, adapters, and servers
2. Research networking requirements; prepare detailed architectural and
3. Conduct internal studies of network performance and traffic analysis
4. Monitor data traffic and control network resource performance to ensure
5. Identify, diagnose, and resolve escalated technical problems related to
network failure and integrity, and usage of PC hardware and software
6. Conduct cable and equipment installations
7. Evaluate new technologies based on understanding of business and
8. Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure
guests and team members are supported at the highest level
9. Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies and
10. Complete other duties as assigned
Minimum three years’ network troubleshooting experience
* Intermediate Microsoft Visio skills required
* Intermediate switching and wireless network knowledge preferred
* Intermediate Wireless networking preferred
* Intermediate Meraki knowledge preferred
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) designation including CCNA Routing and Switching required
Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) designation preferred