Engineer III, Forensics
Pilot Company is an industry-leading network of travel centers with more than 30,000 team members and over 750 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division serves as a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958 by Jim A. Haslam II and currently led by CEO Adam Wright, our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated to fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Pilot Company seeking a skilled Forensic Engineer with a strong aptitude for incident response to join our team. In this role, you will analyze digital evidence, conduct forensic investigations, and provide expert insights to support legal cases and security incidents. Your expertise will be instrumental in identifying vulnerabilities, assessing breach impact, and implementing proactive measures to enhance our organization's cybersecurity posture.
1. Conduct thorough digital forensic investigations in response to cybersecurity incidents, identifying the scope, nature,
and impact of breaches.
2. Analyze digital evidence, including logs, network traffic, and system artifacts, to determine the source and extent of
3. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather relevant information and ensure a coordinated and effective
incident response process.
4. Develop and execute incident response plans, outlining immediate actions to contain threats, minimize data loss,
and restore normal operations.
5. Create detailed technical reports, documenting findings, analysis, and recommended remediation measures for
internal and external stakeholders.
6. Participate in post-incident reviews to assess the effectiveness of incident response actions and identify
opportunities for continuous improvement.
7. Maintain a current understanding of emerging threats, attack techniques, and industry best practices in incident
response and digital forensics.
8. Utilize advanced tools and methodologies to reconstruct digital events, enabling the identification of attacker
tactics, techniques, and procedures.
9. Collaborate with legal teams to ensure that evidence collection and handling adhere to legal and regulatory
10. Conduct training sessions and knowledge-sharing activities to enhance the incident response capabilities of the
broader cybersecurity team.
11. Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at
the highest level
12. Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
13. Complete other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, computer sciences, cyber security, or related field required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 4 years in Cybersecurity required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Technical training in cyber security required.
Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
401(k) and Flexible Spending Accounts
Onsite Gym and Cafeteria
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines