Engineer, Machine Learning
Pilot Company is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The position can be in Knoxville, TN or Atlanta, GA.
As a Machine Learning Engineer, you will be an instrumental member of our Analytics Center of Excellence. You will implement machine learning models into production by utilizing state-of-the-art tools/algorithms and methodologies following DevOps and a test-driven development process. You will work in close collaborations with the data scientists and guide them to focus not only on model performance but also delivery stability, reproducibility, and scalability of a software product furthermore, you will:
· Deliver systematic approaches, integrating work into applications and tools with our Influence, build and maintain the large-scale analytics infrastructure required for the AI projects, and integrate with external IT infrastructure/service to provide an e2e solution
· Leverage an understanding of software architecture and software design patterns to write scalable, maintainable, well-designed and future-proof code
· Design, develop and maintain the framework for analytical pipeline
· Design machine learning systems and implement appropriate ML algorithms and tools
· Advocate and educate on the value of data directed outcomes making focusing on the "how and why" of solving problems
· You have a Bachelor’s in Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics and 5+ years experience required OR Graduate degree in a quantitative discipline and demonstrated Data Science skills, plus 2+ years work experience
· You have 5 years of experience working in a Machine Learning, Data Scientist or Software Engineer role, with hands-on experience with Python frameworks like Tensorflow
· You are able to automate the development process of a machine learning project by leverage state of art tools and technology like container, continuous integration and delivery, orchestration tools etc.
· You are proficient in one or more programming languages used for modeling such as Java, C++, Python, R, Scala .
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.