Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
Do you enjoy complex activities? The purpose of this job is to perform complex activities related to Application Performance Monitoring (APM) with the goal of reducing incident occurrence and duration, as well as providing visibility into the health of enterprise services.
- Collaborate with software product development teams (ITSO, Product Owner, SMEs) to deliver application monitoring solutions
- Work closely with incident management teams for alerting and incident response handoff
- Build advanced dashboards and queries
- Recommend APM customization and instrumentation for system integration
- Explain complicated performance bottlenecks and root cause to stakeholders
- Assist in identifying problem causality, business impact, and root cause
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent certificate required
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems required or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 5 years in Information Technology related experience required or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years of cumulative Application Development experience with .NET or java
- 2+ years of experience instrumenting backend application servers with APM (AppDynamics (preferred), New Relic, Dynatrace, etc )
- 2+ years of experience with End User Monitoring (mobile and browser)
- 1+ years of experience with Synthetic Monitoring
- Advanced ability to construct detailed dashboards for a variety of audiences
- Experience with Splunk or other log ingestion platform
- Experience or knowledge with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and/or microservices
- Working knowledge of network protocols/technology, databases, and application servers and their roles in service deliveryComfortable working in Linux/Unix environment as well as windows
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Travel required less than 5%
- General office work requiring sitting or standing for long periods of time