Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
The purpose of this job is to lead store resets and new store set-ups, and provide layout advice for onsite team members at non-deli Travel Center locations.
- Serve as the gatekeeper for store layout and planogram integrity for new store openings and store resets
- Provide informal onsite training for team members in the use and integrity of merchandising planograms and inventory management system
- Ensure compliance with company merchandising standards and Automated Task Management executables
- Provide ongoing communication on progress, including punch list items, for new store opening set-ups and store resets
- Ensure planograms are up-to-date; make changes and updates to the inventory management system
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent certificate required
- Associate degree, bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience preferred
- Minimum one year retail experience as a Guest Service Manager or Retail Sales Specialist required
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Experience using an electronic inventory management system within context of store operations
- Ability to work with a diverse team
- Ability to manage time and work within deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and vendors
- Strong written and verbal communication and listening skills
- Ability to make travel arrangements and plan for work trips
- Travel required more than 75%
- Sit for extended periods of time while traveling by air or car to work sites
- Standing for long periods of time onsite
- Climb ladders
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Use of hand tools to assemble fixtures, equipment, and post signs
- Stoop, bend, twist, and reach
- Flexible schedule with 24/7 availability needed at times to meet deadlines